Nikon D780 w/AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
(as of Jul 03,2022 12:30:49 UTC – Details)
From capturing fast-moving action to jaw-dropping time-lapse sequences and rich 4K videos, Nikon’s new D780 FX-format D-SLR lets your vision take flight. The long-awaited successor to the D750 has the same robust yet agile body, while packing even more heavyweight performance. Its 51-point AF system detects and tracks subjects more tenaciously, thanks to innovations including a new AF algorithm adapted from the flagship D5. It is the first Nikon DSLR to incorporate focal-plane phase-detection AF, bringing huge enhancements in live view shooting, with wide 273-point coverage and eye-detection AF. And the possibilities don’t end there: it offers a rich array of advanced image-making options, from improved time-lapse movies to shutter speeds of 1/8000 to 900 s, and diverse movie functions including 4K UHD/30p with HDR (HLG) support. Combined with the effortless handling of a touch-operable LCD, the D780 lets you stay nimble, and seize every imaging opportunity.
• Sharp acquisition thanks to advanced 51-point AF system with new AF algorithm adapted from the flagship D5, and comfortable, real-time tracking via optical viewfinder
• First Nikon D-SLR to incorporate focal-plane phase-detection AF: Reliable 273-point hybrid AF system for live view and movie recording
• Eye-detection AF for more engaging, candid portraits
• Nikon FX-format backside illumination CMOS image sensor featuring 24.5 effective megapixels and ISO 100-51200
• Shutter speeds from 1/8000 to 900 s for capturing everything from split-second moments to gradual movements over extended periods of time
• Interval-timer photography with the ability to generate time-lapse movies in-camera
• Long battery life allowing up to approx. 2,260 still shots per charge
• NIKKOR F lenses offering abundant creative options with superior optical quality
• 4K UHD/30p with HDR (HLG) and N-Log options during 10-bit external recording via HDMI for richer, more beautiful colors, and Full HD/120p for impressive slow-motion
– EN-EL15b Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
– MH-25a Battery Charger
– UC-E24 USB Cable
– AN-DC21 Strap
– BF-1B Body Cap
– DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
– DK-31 Rubber Eyecup
AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR lens
– HB-53 Bayonet Lens Hood
– LC-77 Snap-on Front Lens Cap
– LF-1 Rear Lens Cap
– CL-1218 Soft Lens Case
24.5MP backside illuminated FX full frame image sensor, capable of remarkable light gathering for highly detailed photos and 4K UHD videos with ultra shallow depth of field and sharp, clean low light shots.
Dual Autofocus system: 51-point AF for capturing photos using the viewfinder; 273-point phase-detection AF for capturing photos and videos using the touchscreen LCD.
7 frames per second continuous shooting or switch to live view mode for 12 frames per second silent shooting using the electronic shutter.
Nikon’s most robust DSLR for video capture: Hybrid PDAF system, ful frame 4K UHD, slow motion at 1080 / 120p, in-camera time-lapse, 10-bit HDMI output, N-Log, HDR (HLG), highlight monitoring (zebra stripes) and built-in timecode.
Tilting touchscreen LCD makes it easy to get the shot, even from high or low angles and allows for tap focusing, tap shutter release, swiping and zooming images in playback and easy menu navigation.
Wireless connectivity with the easy to use SnapBridge app
Shutter speeds as slow as 900 seconds without the need for a remote, great for long exposures and astrophotography.